Become a Member
Members within the Schizophrenia Society of Nova Scotia give voice to the issue of what is schizophrenia, advocate for a better quality of life for themselves and their families and fight against mental disorders stigma.
As a member of your local provincial Schizophrenia Society, you have the opportunity to:
- Connect with people who understand what is schizophrenia or what is psychosis, and who have similar concerns
- Receive national and provincial newsletters that will keep you up to date on the latest developments in schizophrenia treatment and research, as well as the societies' activities
- Have a stronger, more effective voice when advocating for changes to legislation and improvements in mental health services
Select Your Membership
- Individual Member ($25.00)Ordinary people in society who are not members of a particular profession i.e. family and friends of individuals with lived experience.
- Professional Member ($50.00)A professional is a member of a profession or any person who earns their living from a specified professional activity. The term also describes the standards of education and training that prepare members of the profession with the particular knowledge and skills necessary to perform their specific role within that profession. An example of a professional would be a clinician or physician who supports individuals with lived experience through their paid employment.